Nova Sorceress Duels - 12/11/2016

Complete challenges for rewards
MrLlamaSC

Nova Sorceress Duels - 12/11/2016

Postby MrLlamaSC » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:16 am

Hey everyone!

So I've been debating how I want to setup dueling challenges and I think the best thing I can come up with is character/skill/level/etc specific duels to kinda create new experiences for people that challenge them to go beyond their normal characters/duel styles/etc

SO!

For this next challenge I am going to give everyone 1 week to create a Nova sorceress and build her up to be as strong as possible.

RULES FOR THIS CHALLENGE:
1. This character MUST be named CL_Sorc* << This means the character name must start with CL_Sorc and then can be followed by whatever you want after that. CL_SorcLlama, CL_SorcGirl, CL_SorcGoof, etc...
2. You will have 1 week to build her up to be as strong as possible. On 12/11/2016 we will have a day of dueling these sorceresses.
3. NO DUELING BEFORE 12/11/2016
4. Your build MUST be a Nova sorc as your primary OFFENSIVE skill (TS/Hydra can be your secondary). Beyond that you are allowed to spec however you'd like defensively, but your Nova skill must be maxed and used as your primary.
5. Duels will be setup however you and your fellow sorceresses wish to agree. I ask that you all honor each other's rules and have integrity as in the end this is just a game and we're all trying to have fun. If you say no potions, don't use potions. Etc
6. If you're playing FFA or dueling multiple sorceresses at once, please make sure everyone is aware of the rules you guys setup for how ears will be collected (only killer gets ear, whoever snags it first gets it, etc) and once again please respect these rules.
7. LIGHTNING ABSORB IS BANNED (wisp, tgods, lightsaber). At ANY point if someone believes you are using lightning absorb they can request that you screen shot your game (built in function in d2) showing your inventory and ALL rings (will take multiple shots) that are currently on your character (plus if you have a cube it must be on the ground). If any of these are lightning absorb or if you fail to immediately screen shot and instead leave the game or go to your stash first, you will be disqualified. You are not allowed to have spare rings in your inventory either (especially same graphic since you could swap them between screenshots) so for your sake just don't have any of that extra stuff on your character ever and let's just make it easy.
8. Mercenaries ARE allowed but of course if both duelers agree they don't want to use them they can set that rule.

How to Win:
Sunday morning (12/11/2016) I am going to post a topic where you post how many DIFFERENT CL_Sorc* Nova Sorceress EARS you have collected. Top 3 collectors will win prizes as follow:

1st: $15 Amazon GC
2nd: $10 Steam GC
3rd: Copy of Golf with Friends

I will leave the topic open/announce winners Monday night around 6pm CST. DUELING IS ALLOWED RIGHT UP UNTIL THIS DEADLINE, however I am just creating the topic early so you can report whenever you are finished with your dueling. Highest numbers will be verified by me in game and will be listed as the winners.

And that's it! If you have any questions please post them below.

-MrLlamaSC
RustySheriff

Re: Nova Sorceress Duels - 12/11/2016

Postby RustySheriff » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:09 am

Hi MrLlama!!

Thanks again for your initiative on organising this!

I have never dueled before on Diablo 2 and so I doubt I will know all the different ways someone is able to "cheat".

I know that most of us are honest players, however I was wondering... Would it be possible to attach a list of experienced diablo 2 online players/duelers from our community to this thread that we "newbie duelers" could call upon to assist in "refereeing" our duels if they are available?

Of course they would need to be honest and unbiased :)

Again, it's just a thought. If this isn't really possible then I will still take part but just want to put all our newbie minds at ease :)

Cheers
#MD2GA
MrLlamaSC

Postby MrLlamaSC » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:42 pm

RustySheriff wrote:Hi MrLlama!!

Thanks again for your initiative on organising this!

I have never dueled before on Diablo 2 and so I doubt I will know all the different ways someone is able to "cheat".

I know that most of us are honest players, however I was wondering... Would it be possible to attach a list of experienced diablo 2 online players/duelers from our community to this thread that we "newbie duelers" could call upon to assist in "refereeing" our duels if they are available?

Of course they would need to be honest and unbiased :)

Again, it's just a thought. If this isn't really possible then I will still take part but just want to put all our newbie minds at ease :)

Cheers
#MD2GA
Sure! I'll get a few people tagged in my discord as "Referees" who can assist newer players if they need help.
Slion

Postby Slion » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:55 pm

ehm i have 1 problem i created a nova sorc before you posted the challenge, xD well she is not highlevel so shouldnt be a problem doing another sorc but still sucks a bit haha :D
MrLlamaSC

Postby MrLlamaSC » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:51 pm

Slion wrote:ehm i have 1 problem i created a nova sorc before you posted the challenge, xD well she is not highlevel so shouldnt be a problem doing another sorc but still sucks a bit haha :D
Haha sorry but for ear tracking purposes they're gonna all have to be named CL_Sorc*