People's tastes in food, 'sub with dat?

Yeah, I bought your mutt, and I 'ATE 'IM!
Bowtieneo

People's tastes in food, 'sub with dat?

Postby Bowtieneo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:06 am

So I was always under the impression that I mostly normal taste in food (no pun intended).
But, the more Learn about other people and there tastes in food the more I realize that my taste in food is somewhat different to the "norm."
I grew up always willing to try new foods and was exposed to a large variety of food (or at least large for what is available where I live-the Arizona desert).
Now that I am older and have started to observer other people's taste in food.
I have come to the conclusion that I enjoy many foods that many consider to taste bad (or don't like do to other reasons such as texture) and at the same time I don't like "some" of the most universally liked food.
For example, some of my favorite (unpopular) foods are olives (green ones are my favorite, but I really like the black ones too), most fish, tofu, and black licorice.
The majority of my favorite "dishes" are fish dishes.
Then my least favorite foods (or rather on the cusp of not able to tolerate) are chicken/turkey, most pork (especially bacon), most dairy if not cooked into something.
( e.g. I don't like to eat cheese by itself or as a main ingredient to something.
milk makes me nauseous to the point where the smell of milk, that is totally fine and well before the expiration date, makes me gag and feel sick, and that means no cereal for me.
One bite of yogurt will make me loose my appetite. And so on)
And I'm not that sure how "popular" of a food this is but cottage cheese is probably my #1 most hated food.
The sight of cottage cheese makes me queasy, the smell even more.
Even the thought of it makes me slightly sick to my stomach.
But above all else cottage cheese is the one and only food that I am unable to maintain the contents of my stomach while watching someone eat it.
It's somewhat painful (mentally) for me to even be in the same room as cottage cheese.
Anyway where I have been going with this is i want to know you guys opinions on this as well as you picks for favorite and most hated foods.
Do any of you agree with me and also enjoy any of the same foods I mentioned, or dislike any of the foods I listed?
I guess i should end this with a disclaimer.
I am NOT a variegation or vegan, and i don't restrict myself in any sort of diet or lifestyle that involves eating in anyway. Also I don't get angry when someone serves me any of these foods (unless its cottage cheese ;) ).
If someone serves me chicken I will say thank you and try not to complain.
I know I am literally the worst speller to ever type a word on the internet,
and I know my grammar is below sub-par.
But if you understand enough to correct me,
then I don't need to be corrected.
Just saying. :(
illusion
Site Admin
Battle.net Account: xor_ebx_ebx

Re: People's tastes in food, 'sub with dat?

Postby illusion » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:53 am

Those are some odd tastes. I have a few unpopular or semi-unpopular opinions on food too
  • Almost everything gets tabasco sauce. If I can stand up after eating, it wasn't spicy enough
    Broccoli is better raw
    White bread makes me sick, wheat bread is much better
    Steak should be a little bit crunchy
    Mustard is better than mayo
Being on the supply side of beef, I'd have to pick steak or hamburger as my favorite, with chicken being a pretty close second. My least favorite foods are generally seafood, because I feel like I'm not eating anything substantial
local

Postby local » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:00 pm

Sounds like you might be lactose intolerant.

Liquorice is mostly disliked but I love it as well. Much of it I think is that I don't eat chocolate.
Many things are just what you're used to I guess.
Bowtieneo

Postby Bowtieneo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:40 pm

illusion wrote:Those are some odd tastes. I have a few unpopular or semi-unpopular opinions on food too
  • Almost everything gets tabasco sauce. If I can stand up after eating, it wasn't spicy enough
    Broccoli is better raw
    White bread makes me sick, wheat bread is much better
    Steak should be a little bit crunchy
    Mustard is better than mayo
Being on the supply side of beef, I'd have to pick steak or hamburger as my favorite, with chicken being a pretty close second. My least favorite foods are generally seafood, because I feel like I'm not eating anything substantial
Hmm interesting, when it comes to spicy food I turn into a total wuss. and I also think that wheat bread is far better then white bread.
when I eat white bread i feel like I'm eating something that isn't really food, but just something that has the same consistency as food.
Like play-doh but slightly more edible (if that makes any sense). although i would have to disagree with the last two.
steak is best served as a different dish :lol: but if I have to eat stake I would like it done medium rare or less.
And mayo is the best sauce you can put on a sandwich (i actually get a lot of crap for liking mayo).
But even know Mayo is the best sauce you can put on a sandwich (imo) miracle whip is absolutely revolting with ZERO redeeming qualities.
When people are making a sandwich and they say something along the lines of "miracle whip is the same thing as Mayo" or "they both taste the same"
I just give them the "you pour soul" look, and shake my head.
Bowtieneo

Postby Bowtieneo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:44 pm

local wrote:Sounds like you might be lactose intolerant.

Liquorice is mostly disliked but I love it as well. Much of it I think is that I don't eat chocolate.
Many things are just what you're used to I guess.
I don't think I am lactose Intolerant because I just don't "enjoy" the taste or smell of dairy.
But when its used in cooking (or anything as a non-main ingredient) and the result is a
dish that doesn't taste like dairy then I'm fine. Also as a child I had no problem with drinking
milk or eating other dairy but as i got older I started to dislike the taste and smell more and
more.
illusion
Site Admin
Battle.net Account: xor_ebx_ebx

Postby illusion » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:48 pm

Bowtieneo wrote:when I eat white bread i feel like I'm eating something that isn't really food, but just something that has the same consistency as food.
Finally, someone else who understands. I can remember kids in school throwing a fit because they got wheat rolls instead of white. I thought they were all stupid
Bowtieneo wrote:(i actually get a lot of crap for liking mayo).
Huh, you get a lot of crap for liking crap. Never would have guessed ;)

I forgot to mention that while I will occasionally (like maybe three/four times a year) desire a Hershey bar, I really don't like sweet food. Sweet drinks are a different story. I'll drink just about anything, and like most of it. From juice and milk to dark coffee and scotch, I'll drink it all. The only exception being cheap beer

Despite liking spicy food, I'm not a big fan of Mexican. Too much vegetable crap, not enough meat