I just wanted to share this.

You mean there are games that aren't Diablo?
Bowtieneo

I just wanted to share this.

Postby Bowtieneo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:03 am

I already posted this in the discord so must of this is the same as that. but I just really wanted to share this.
"so i think i just did the most ghetto fix for a problem with electronics i have ever done... I wanted to use sound with a PSTV so i can play vita games on my monitor with a friend. but my monitor doesn't have speakers connected to it so the HDMI port doesn't give me audio. so first i tried to plug my speakers into my PS4 controller to see if that would work. but it did not and i couldn't find anywhere in the settings to use the PS4 controllers headphone port. so next i connected my blue-tooth headphones and i got sound out of there. but It would be annoying to try to play a game with only one pair of headphones. so I'm looking at my headphones and i see the female 3.5mm port on the bottom (for an aux cord to use if battery for blue-tooth is dead or if you want it to be wired) and i am thinking "no way... it can't work... can it?" so i plug my speakers into the 3.5mm port... and holy crap there is sound coming out of the speakers... this is so strange... i had no idea that something like this would even be possible."

-end of discord message.

so i guess i will ask you guys if you have ever done anything ghetto like that to fix issues or complaints you had about electronics.
INB4 fixed [equipment] with duct tape.
I know I am literally the worst speller to ever type a word on the internet,
and I know my grammar is below sub-par.
But if you understand enough to correct me,
then I don't need to be corrected.
Just saying. :(
local

Re: I just wanted to share this.

Postby local » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:42 pm

I was flying quadcopters with my usual mates and took a crash ripping off one of the cables on the ESCs, so basically the main power line for the motors.
a friend of mine had incidentally brought the "mobile soldering iron" he just got in the mail the day before. it runs on propane and barely got up to 250°C I guess. I could merely get the very top of the solder spot to melt and managed to somehow attach the broken cable.
long story short, I could continue flying, but as soon as I got home I redid the whole cabling, just so I could stop feeling so dirty :p
illusion
Site Admin
Battle.net Account: xor_ebx_ebx

Re: I just wanted to share this.

Postby illusion » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:15 pm

local wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:42 pm
I was flying quadcopters with my usual mates and took a crash ripping off one of the cables on the ESCs, so basically the main power line for the motors.
a friend of mine had incidentally brought the "mobile soldering iron" he just got in the mail the day before. it runs on propane and barely got up to 250°C I guess. I could merely get the very top of the solder spot to melt and managed to somehow attach the broken cable.
long story short, I could continue flying, but as soon as I got home I redid the whole cabling, just so I could stop feeling so dirty :p
Propane? Really? I thought all of those things ran off of 12v