Hammerdin Build

illusion
Site Admin
Battle.net Account: xor_ebx_ebx

Hammerdin Build

Postby illusion » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:11 pm

So, I'm thinking of building a hammerdin for the new ladder because (gasp) I've never done one before. Anybody got any tips?

Obviously I should be maxing Blessed Hammer, and I'm guessing Vigor and Concentration too. These are all level 18 skills, though. Should I put points into something and respec when I hit 18-20, save my skill points until 18, or is there a lower level skill I should dump into until 18?
rsm

Re: Hammerdin Build

Postby rsm » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:25 pm

Most people use zeal and holy fire to level up until 20-23 then respec into hammers,

only a few points into conc and put the rest into hammers/vigor/blessed aim since the synergies give more damage.

You could also do some defensive auras to help the team since they will also do damage for you
illusion
Site Admin
Battle.net Account: xor_ebx_ebx

Postby illusion » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:48 pm

rsm wrote:Most people use zeal and holy fire to level up until 20-23 then respec into hammers,

only a few points into conc and put the rest into hammers/vigor/blessed aim since the synergies give more damage.

You could also do some defensive auras to help the team since they will also do damage for you
I played a little on b.net yesterday just to try it out. Zeal did seem like a good skill to start with, so I'll probably go that route. Thanks for the advice
local

Postby local » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:22 am

yea concentration, vigor, blessed hammer and I like to have a bit holy shield around. it really boosts your def to a ridiculous amount
Nahuelco

Postby Nahuelco » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:59 am

My 2 cents:

I normally respect at ~25 (or when I can use spirit). I put enough skills to get to Holy Shield. I personally put a skill into Vigor, to lead up to Redemption (I believe it's called, for sucking corpses for life/mana).

I level Hammer and Concentration together, til they both max out. Then I go for the synergies for Hammer, which is Vigor and Blessed Aim. I go for Vigor first for bonuses.
I personally put some points into the resists, and one into Conviction (so many skills to get to it! :| ) For party situations. Helps alot of people out, and I set hotkeys for all my auras so I'm constantly switching them about.

I read here that going for synergies first gives more damage, so you can go that route.

As far as gear, at first you have FCR and +Skills. Then you can brush past NM if you have the resistances. Hell... is another story.
A Guardian, virtual or extrovertive.

I will be hosting rushing services, with a barter trade system.

My accounts:
Azurai-CL (Sorc)
Kronos-CL (Barb)
Nahuelco-CL (Necro)
NahuLlama (Used for runs)