Level 40+ Valkyrie or maxed plague jav

RustySheriff

Level 40+ Valkyrie or maxed plague jav

Postby RustySheriff » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:46 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm hoping for some constructive criticism on this one.

I am a lvl 79 Jav and have been reading through many guides on Javazons & Hybrid Zons in order to overcome Lightning immune mobs.

Please note that I am creating this topic with the idea that Infinity is out of my reach as it requires such high level runes.

My decision i need to make at the moment is that I have 36 spare skill points that I am wanting to either put into Valkyrie or plague/poison javelins.

My thinking:

Valkyrie - With a high level valk it will be able to tank most monsters in the game. If i plonk her right in the middle of a lightning immune group, this will allow my merc to run around unchallenged and pick them off? also it will provide me a distraction while running through levels i.e Lower Kurast, DOH2 (dolls) etc. I have found my merc to especially struggle against lightning immune archers in the pit as he can't reach them in time to pick them off, which is why I thought of the valkyrie as an option.

Plague Javelins - pretty self explanatory, apparently you can get very high damage over minimal seconds which can eradicate a group of lightning immune mobs, my only issue is I don't know for sure that this works. Have seen video's but I am a bit skeptical that people have bugged gear or are not in hell etc.

Please can you guys give me some advice as to what would be a better choice based on your thoughts/experience.

Thanks Guys!
#MD2GA
illusion
Site Admin
Battle.net Account: xor_ebx_ebx

Re: Level 40+ Valkyrie or maxed plague jav

Postby illusion » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:51 pm

I thought high-level Valkyrie was mandatory in almost all Amazon builds. I've never really had a late game Amazon though
RustySheriff

Postby RustySheriff » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:17 am

So just an update on this one.

I decided to go with the valyrie as the idea of having a tank intrigued me.

While MF'ing she is level 43 and with my full kit she is over 50.

At lvl 43 she is more than enough of a tank to withstand any group of mobs.

The strategy is as soon as I see a group of lightning immune mobs, I cast her in the middle as well as a decoy. My Merc then runs up and hits the mobs. Most of the time the distractions are enough to keep my merc alive, however a few times the mobs have been really strong i.e cursed or the like and my merc has died.

Its not the fastest strategy of killing immune mobs but it seems to be working. I can now do full runs of the Pit and Ancients Tunnel whereas previously I had to try and avoid certain groups i.e lightning immune archers in pit or even reload the game altogether.

I will do a respec once I get bored of the valkyrie and try out the Plague javelins and send a further update.
bescheid

Postby bescheid » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:10 am

hi! interesting topic! I prefer not going valk and dodge stuff at all and get a melody bow, its very cheap, and do freezing arrows against imune mobs. works wonders, its fast and easy, once i tested it i definently prefer it on my mf amazons